Sunday, February 19, 2023

Props Research, Mise-en-Scene Aspects

 Of the many things that amateur productions are lacking when compared to professional productions, mise-en-scene elements have stood out to me recently. Obviously, camerawork and lighting is one thing but when you get past that, you realize there's yet another level of immersion that has not yet been reached. For example, what if Joaquin Phoenix did not have this costume on during the shooting of Gladiator?



I imagine that no matter how good his acting was, it would still fall flat completely. Therefore, a big obstacle in my way is to create a believable world that my audience can both believe in and fantasize about. 

I've put some surface level research into props and I found out about propmoviemoney.com, a website where they sell very realistic fake currency (for the purpose of cinema, anyway). Apparently, they've been used by Marvel movies and other popular films and shows too. Basically, it's a pretty big deal. If I need fake money, I'm definitely going there. 

Other props I've looked into and might use:





A bald cap and cigarettes! Just for more believable actions/designs, of course. Anyway, I'm sure I'm going to need many more props in the future and this is just the starting point. 


That's all for this week! I would summarize this as an establishing week where I'm preparing for the filming. Getting the location and mise-en-scene elements in order is pretty important and I'm glad I'm doing it earlier than later! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/