Friday, February 24, 2023

Production (Practically) All Prepared

 I've finally cleaned up the rough outline of what I wanted to do with the film opening—not to say that the entire process is smooth riding from here on, I doubt that'll ever be the case. However, I've got a basic list of characters for my actors and am currently working on a script (which should be done somewhere around tomorrow).


A large obstacle in my way was the shooting location and equipment to shoot with. At first, I had some ideas for a plot that may have been too ambitious for just a student in high school so I had to look past them. In the end, I'm going with an office/white collar crime drama film and this was realized thanks to a conversation I had with my teacher! I was hesitant to buy lighting equipment because I wasn't sure how the investment would pay off in the end but I was able to speak to my teacher about it and get access to her tools for filming. It definitely made me much more comfortable and imaginative with my planning, having plenty of new paths to go forward with and whatnot. 


I was also able to talk about shooting locations with my teacher who told me ideas for homemade studios and areas that she could help me get into. Certainly, it was an important conversation and one that was completely necessary for the full realization of my film opening, which I had always wanted it to be on a grand scale but never thought was possible. If anything, I'm sure I could ask the TV production members or teacher to also help me out if I needed more assistance. Basically, I'm making the most of the people around me!


So yeah, lights, plot, and locations prepared. Definitely way more ready to take this project on from here!










Once again, I'd like to thank my teacher!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/