Sunday, February 26, 2023

Beginning to Create Music

It can’t be understated how important music is in a film—it directs audiences and controls emotions while adding a new layer of technical depth and nuance. Music isn’t just at the background of a movie, it can take on its own artistic meaning and significance. 



Though not part of a movie, Kendrick Lamar’s album, ‘Good Kidd Maad City’, which he himself describes as a short film, is just as cathartic as any visual medium in its presentation and storyline. Taking this into account, I’m aiming to have outstanding audio visuals on the film opening. Ultimately, it’s the perfect mix of what you can see and what you can hear that makes a great scene with both present greater than just music or just a silent screen. 


Underneath, I’ve attached an image of a rough outline of my music that I want to play over the film opening. It’s just the drums and a piano melody thus far, but I’m hoping to take it as close to what I’m envisioning as possible. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/