Sunday, March 26, 2023

I (already) Tried Color Grading

As outlined in one of my previous posts, I wanted to dabble in color grading to really nail that filmic look to give my project some oomph. If I could just have the color look right, that'd be an automatic stand out, I thought. So, here, I tried color grading but unfortunately, this was the one I ended up color grading outside of Premiere Pro so it's more amateurish than the one I did in Premiere Pro. Still, it was a preview for what's to come and I intend on saving off color grading until the very end. 

A few questions I did ask myself was, is the brightness too harsh? I'm honestly not sure how it came out here on Blogger but the actual footage itself is quite bright and if not saturated, at least has some weird highlights. I liked the way the sky looked at the end and since I used a lower end color grading service, I couldn't break the clip up into different color settings (ahem, I may or may not have just used the camera roll on my iPhone). I thought the contrast on it was fine and made his outfit pop against the background but not necessarily his face, something I wasn't too happy about. 

All in all, it's still a learning experience but I was happy with how this one turned out, both in terms of how it was filmed and the look of it. I'll say the handheld camera was intentional because it did end up serving a purpose in the narrative but this was an impromptu scene I was randomly inspired to shoot and I happened not to have my stabilizer at the moment. But for all purposes, this was certainly a meticulously done scene. Yep.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/