Sunday, March 26, 2023

The Final Stretch: TITLE SEQUENCE!!

One of the biggest challenges I've encountered while working on this project is that it's easy to get streamlined into one aspect of production and that even as much as my ego hates to admit it, the filming might not even be the hardest part.

As a kid who admired cinema and matured into a flourishing mini at-home critic, I'd be lying if I said that my mind was ever on editing or marketing or, you know, anything besides raw footage. Funnily enough, you don't even get to see the raw footage for most movies. So I grew up with a huge misconception. To my dismay, my mindset continued to be this way even AFTER learning about the importance of such roles, I couldn't relate to an editor and so even though I heard the words and saw the screens that editors would work on, they just made it seem so easy that I was never impressed. In that fashion, I attribute this problem to the incredible immersion of the majority of movies, they're all so professional that I never realized I was watching something manufactured—the product of a long, long, long list of steps.

But here I am with a lot of my filming done and a million things learned in filming later and I only now realize—I have to make a title sequence. Fine, let's go to Premiere Pro and get this done. 

I get there and I have no idea what to do.

So let's start here. This is a tutorial for simple titles and oh, wait, this isn't a title sequence. It's just taught me how to put text down on the screen but hey, that's a pretty good thing to know, considering I'll likely have to do that later on anyway. Onwards with the recommended videos on the sidebar!


This one was pretty cool and honestly, it makes me want to use this effect. It has a lot to do with using layers and...matte? Yeah, I guess it'll be hard but definitely worth it, I've never believed that a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush, especially considering the bush in this case in transparent. I have a clear way forward and I can most certainly watch this tutorial over and over to get my title screen looking prim.

But on the off case I don't want to use that and give in to my baser instincts, I might want to use this effect instead.

First of all, those shots are beautiful and that's what really captured me. A large reason I even like making media is that it's just the most me that I can be. There's only one real story I can tell and even if I put it in a new context, it will always somehow branch back to me. The one thing I have always been aware of is that a creator is behind everything and me, myself being one such creator, I've always wanted to express the beauty of the mundane and capture it in a cinematic way because that's how I viewed my domestic life. Sure, home might be boring, but years down the line when and if I leave, won't I look at it with fondness? I wanted to capture that feeling, the indescribable emotion of advancing and reminiscing and really define what creates the lightning in the bottle, because somehow, somewhere along the line, it got there. 

So maybe I want my title as a backdrop instead. To remind the audience that my film is just a story but one that lies behind some universal truth—at the very least, my truth.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/