Monday, March 13, 2023

Application

 So for this scene, I tried my hardest to remember the compositional rules that I learned from the video as well as lighting tips. Particularly, the idea of shooting shadow side and well as casting the lighting from the top to create a downcast, relatable and empathetic picture of a character resonated with me. 


I think I also did a really good job (or at least better than what I used to do) or adding depth and background lighting, especially because in reality, I lacked the props to add either of that to the scene. I utilized the natural little lights on the ground to create the background lighting and as for depth, I shot the house and there is one moment of the scene where a door is flinging open from the wind (though this is less obvious as the foley is not edited in yet). All in all, I’m proud of how this turned out and I’m also content with the usage of the lighting, something that I struggled to really effectively control in some of my other scenes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/