Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Group Meetings: 03/04/24

 We had group meetings on 3/04/24 in my AICE Media class. Admittedly, I don't love the group meetings. Sometimes, I don't feel as though I can articulate my problems, or that it's harder to do so in front of people, at least a group of people, as opposed to a singular other person. It feels less like consultation and more like airing out issues into the crowd. Nevertheless, the group meeting gave me some insight to the others' projects and also my own. 

The first thing we spoke about, or at least the first thing I remember wanting to really hear from the others was about shooting schedule. Originally, I was planning on beginning to film in two weeks but most of the members said they were planning to shoot next week. I thought about my schedule and thought, I could do that. So, I'll start shooting next week, after Monday since I want to put final touches on my screenplay that day. 

Two of the group members were doing music projects. one was doing a documentary, and the rest of us were doing short film. The thing I noticed is that they were all very impassioned and stated a clear distinction from this year and last year, and I feel much the same. Taking into consideration the ways in which I've improved since last year and a general inclination towards planning which is stronger than ever before, I've prepared a project that I think can both be really personal to me and a spectacle for others. I look forward to producing my project and also seeing the finished products of the others in the class. This seems like a real passion project for many. 

As for advice I've gotten, I asked if anyone had ever worked with a child actor before which was a resounding no. I did, however, receive a lot of praise for the idea and that felt nice. The most beneficial thing I heard in the group meeting was an editing technique to achieve the flashbacks as I want them which is overlay. So, I'll look into that. I'll play with it this week, blog about it, and it should make things a lot smoother.

It could be my fault but I didn't take away much technically from the group meeting. I think what it did inspire in me was a greater sense of drive and motivation, realizing the excitement of which my peers are approaching the project caused the same ambition to well up in me. I want to make something good.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/