Sunday, March 24, 2024

Current Favorite Shots

The lighting was great during our shooting. It’s slightly overwhelming but it’s also sort of angelic and dreamy, completely on base with the emotions that I want to convey with this piece. After color grading, I can likely make this look even more ethereal. 

I loved the orange accents from the sun in the background. The clutter was semi-intentional but it was poorly composed on my end. If we retake this scene, I want to be more purposeful with the props on the table, if it’s possible. Otherwise, this scene is a little too dark and is also cropped due to the lighting being slightly visible in the top left corner. I’ll have to resize it if I go with this shot which isn’t likely but I do have to say, I liked the colors. 

Once again, the gold accents from the lighting of my house comes through. I really loved how this sequence played out, our main character in the shadow, continuously building his identity as he learns and remembers things new and old from his childhood in a new, grown up lens. This also will parallel another hallway scene from earlier in the piece and it’s largely symbolic but also very pretty in my humble opinion. 

A dramatic shot with our protagonist looking into a bedroom where his younger self and father slept in. This is following a scene where the father and his brother argued and this scene captures his hesitance and reluctance to learn a new, more emotional side of his father. 

This shot is of our father after the brother leaves the house post-argument. Its cool tone contrasts the warmth of many of the other shots and the shadow captures the father’s instantaneous regret but also his pride and inability to change, making his character development at the end (telling his son he is proud of him) all the more powerful. 



 These were my favorite shots from the filming so far. I have a ton of footage but these were stand-out to me and I thought they captured the feeling of the narrative very well. Also, the importing process into blogger has scaled down the resolution of the images for some reason. They look a lot better in the footage I have access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/