Thursday, March 2, 2023

Character List

 Attached below are segments of the larger character list I created for my actors. 



After I made the lists, I also met with the actors to try to help them understand the character better. I asked them questions and made them answer in-character while helping them along but not giving them any concrete information. I realize that once I wrote these characters and my actors have read them, we no longer have the same interpretation, it's not just my character anymore and that's fine. The challenge is now, helping them develop their interpretation to a level where I think it's good and to where I can tell they understand the character and the space they occupy. 

Anyway, I do intend on making a performance and character-centric film and to do that effectively, I need to develop their acting chops as soon as possible to a high level. I'm doing things like this character list and 1-on-1 meetings to try to help them and I've actually been seeing significant improvement. At this point, I'll have a ton of DiCaprio's running around on set pretty soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/