Sunday, February 26, 2023

1st Minute Shot List

 This is sort of bare-boned but I don't want to rush into completing the shot list before seeing how I even like the current one. Therefore, I've created a one minute shot list that covers what I want to show in the first minute of the film opening. My opening is one that is trying to establish character, what I'm trying to show to the audience is a mundane morning for a mundane person, in a way conditioning them for a very normal situation while the rest of the film is intended to devolve into character centric case studies that examine their psychology and commentates on it. But of course, when an opening is so normal, it makes one feel that something is missing, there has to be some action right? 


Something has to happen, right? I want to capitalize on this curiosity and while the first minute of the opening is lackluster and expositional, the second minute will set up the main conflict, but won't show it immediately. I want to continue to develop the thrill. 


0-6: Monte brushing his teeth, close up of his eyes in the mirror  

7-17: Monte preparing breakfast, medium shot of food close-up of his eyes  

18-34: Medium shot of Monte eating, music begins to play  

34-45: Monte dressing apathetically, camera is still, music continues, wide shot  

46-60: Monte finishes dressing and leaves the house, title screen plays in the vacant space within the house, music gets louder, film continues 



There's my 1-minute shot list, I'll definitely revise it as I go along because nothing is set in stone. But for now, I know the mood I want to set as well as opening type, and that's as good a starting point as any. I'm going to start shooting soon! Excited, excited, and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/