Friday, December 15, 2023

Post Four - Production + Post + Critiques

 Since my footage ended up being of relatively low merit, I ended up accompanying one of the group members in post-production. In all honesty, I have to admit that they did much of the work regarding the splicing of the footage, color editing and lighting, but we both chose music, we both agreed on the narrative structure of the piece itself, and we both edited for music and audio. 


I wanted to talk about the critiques of the piece itself because those were the ones that really affected my reflective process. Many people brought up the editing as a minor mistake and so did our instructor who informed us of an editing mistake somewhere in the middle. This feedback made me consider being more vigilant in the future. 


I found that the majority of the positive feedback was about the actual topic and idea itself, which of course, I understand. It certainly is a relevant issue amongst high school students but in general, it's a subject with a lot of merit. 


I am a bit disappointed that we couldn't produce a documentary that reflected our interest and experiences with the topic as well as we could. I am more disappointed in the fact that my first round of production ended up being useless. But I'll get more into that on the critical reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GfSjDOPHL2_YXczw-iR1h9_F59SZygBP?usp=drive_link https://www.instagram.com/thesoundbetweenusfilm/